Feb 2, 2013



C is for Scott Cunningham

Scott Cunningham passed to the next world on March 28, 1993. I find it amazing that it feels to me like he is alive though. When I read his books, it doesn't feel like the books were written years ago. They feel like they were written today. Written for me to find answers I seek today. I feel it is amazing that it is on that same date 2011 that I found myself realizing that I am a witch. And that I am going to go forward and learn all I can about this path that I have been so curious about. That keeps coming back to my mind year after year after year & I just kept pushing it away. March 28, 2011 is the day I learned about Witch-School. And started out on my journey. But I do not want this post to be about me. I want it to be about a man who feels very much alive for me.

As I look at his name, I think it is curious that I was going to write my post this week on The Cunning Folk. And there it is 'cunning'. Scott lived a cunning life. It shows in all the books he wrote on herbs, aromatherapy, magickal healing... I have already learned a lot from him in just the 2 short years I have been on my path of discovery. Scott wrote many books. He was a solitaire practitioner. Although he on occasion did worship with friends & teachers. Scott Cunningham studied under Raven Grimassi for 2 years from 1980-1982 before going solo. Scott believed that Wicca should become more open to newcomers. It had basicly remained a closed tradition to newcomers since the 1950's.

When I 1st entered the world of spirituality and paganism, the book I heard most mentioned was Wicca - for the solitary practitioner by Scott Cunningham. This is my 1st book within the craft. It was a very easy read. Easy to understand; having no knowledge of the craft at all. I have since purchased other books by Scott Cunningham. Such as  Living Wicca, Wicca in the Kitchen, Magical Household, Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic, Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs.

There is so much work left by Scott Cunningham. I hope to be able to purchase all of his books. They really ring true for what I am searching for. The fill a part of me that has always had one foot in the ancient past...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Website templatesFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates