Apr 5, 2013

ThoughtsofBeltane



Feeling compelled to write a bit about Beltane today. Beltane is my favorite of the sabbats to celebrate. But because of work I will not be at home to celebrate. Not too happy about that. I read somewhere online that Beltane actually runs from May 1-5th. I hope so. I hope by celebrating on a day other than the 1st will still be ok. I have the feeling it won't be the same though as celebrating on May 1st - May Day... Maybe I can hold ritual at midnight on the night before. ??

Beltane is very special to me. I've been on my pagan path for 2 years now. And Beltane pretty much marks that spot, as Beltane was the very 1st sabbat I celebrated. My awakening to who I truly am occurred on April 27th 2011. I immediately started searching for what the holidays are & how they are celebrated. So I scurried to put together a Beltane celebrating. *giggles* Very very memorable day. Spring & Autumn are my favorite seasons. Always have been. I remember celebrating May Day as a child. And my maternal grandma passed away on May Day. I was extremely close to her. So perhaps I feel like I'm also celebrating our love on that day. Wow, barely got through that sentence w/out a tear! After 12 years, still so heart breaking...

I include my family with celebrating the sabbats. And I just hate it that I'm working that night. Which also takes away any celebrations I would have done that day as well.

I want to go to Red Gulch dinasour digs outside of Greybull. I love taking the kids there. I have a geocache hidden there also. So I enjoy checking on that too. It's so peaceful out there! And when we are leaving at sunset. O.M.G. Gorgeous!! I was thinking of making some soft mead again too. And trying to track down a recipe alternate for bread. As I can not have any of the traditional pagan cakes, breads, etc.. because of my glute-free diet needs.



I always enjoy lighting my beltane candles in ritual, with its pretty maypole ribbons! And using my faerie incense.

It's no wonder I luv Beltane so much. I'm all about the faeries. And Beltane is one perfect time to commune with the faeries. Spring & faeries just go together ;)



4 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Website templatesFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates