Apr 11, 2013

PBP-Coven-vs-Solitary




Pagan Blog Prompt: Coven v.s. Solitary Practice.

I am a solitary practitioner by circumstance. But I do not mind it being that way. Sometimes I wish I had a mentor. Someone to teach me the old ways of the craft. So I try to choose wise books and websites to learn from. But sometimes the best way to learn is by experience.  At this point I do not have any interest to be in a coven. I have no idea what would be expected of me. Structured studying? no thanks! As a solitary I can learn what I want, when I want, at the pace I want. I'm learning several things at one time. I'm fulfilling my dream of crafting my own candles, learning about herbs & oils, as well as Celtic & Egyptian Pantheons.

I started on my path 2 years ago. I started by searching about the Sabbats. Beltane was my very 1st Sabbat to celebrate, before I even knew anything at all about paganism, the craft, etc... I'd have to say the first and most important things I learned by an online school Witch-School. I had to drop it later on because of finances. But plan to resume. And over the last two years I feel that I have moved from a Wicca interest much more to a green witch. It is the green witch that I feel is more 'me'. A more ancient & natural path is the one that I am more drawn to. But I find it difficult to say to other people outside of the craft "I am a witch". So, if presented with that I would say I am pagan. Because after all, I am that too ;)

I have enjoyed my solitary practice. Creating my own altars, my own sacred space. Creating my own garden inside and outside of my home. I can have a ritual, dedication, anytime and anywhere I want. I do not have to wait to get together with a formal get together time. I live in a small town in Wyoming. Mormons to my left, Mormons across the street from me. *lol* I have no let it widely known of my spirituality. But I'm beginning to. I don't like having to keep it a secret. I'm so proud of who and what I am. It has been a long journey here. I've never been happier.

To wonder and be curious about something most of your life, then to FINALLY be a part of it. Well thats just a wonderful peaceful feeling. Like a huge weight lifted. To find out the things I dreamed of in my dreams is real! Its not a fantasy in my head.

Blessed Be






0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Website templatesFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates