Aug 4, 2011

Amazing August

An amazing month of transformation, change, & new beginnings in ways I
did not think possible. It all started the last few days of July actually. Right as
Lughnasadh was beginning.
I told my husband I was moving out to Illinois that I was miserable. That we don't have the kind of marriage that I want. That it seems like we are paying bills is the only reason we're together.
Much to my surprise he didn't feel the same way. And didn't want to split up at all.
I thought he would be relieved. Turns out that even after 24 years he cannot read my mind. *giggles*
So, we've opened the doors of communication. And they are still going. I feel really good.
Through all of that chaos I found Isis. And I feel completely connected to her. I've been reading a lot about Osiris & Isis. Its remarkable how many similarities there are between my zodiac sign, and how they are connected to Lughnasadh.

I feel a new light and a new love glowing inside of me.
Isis is not only a triple Goddess but is known as the ALL Goddess. She covers pretty much everything. She answers prayers to the rich and the poor. She is the only Goddess that is a triple Goddess but does not change form. She stays the same. She rules over so many things that are connected to me as a Virgo. It's so completely amazing. The star where it is said her soul resides is called Sept by the Egyptians. My birthday is in September! She rules over the element of Earth which is the ruling element of Virgo. She also rules over Mercury. Mercury rules Virgo.
When her consort / husband Osiris was killed and his body parts were scattered it was on September 5th that she is said to have found his backbone. My birthday is Sept.6th

Isis' b/day is also celebrated around the time of Lughnasadh. I had a wonderful Lammas ritual a few days ago. Lugh the God of the Harvest & Sun is celebrated on August 7th. (Lughnasadh)
I think I will bake a loaf of bread for my Lughnasadh ritual Sunday night.

I've had a huge fascination with Egypt for a long long time. One of the 1st altar tools I purchased was an ankh. I found out that it meant the symbol of life. But I felt a strong pull to have it. But didn't really know why. I was persuing celtic lore.  And felt that is where the ancient ancestory of Paganism lies. But I have also had an urge to have a Bast or Bastet statuary. Why?? I dunno. Just seems right. After all the cats are the protectors of the underworld. right?

After being touched by Isis it is all slowly starting to make sense.
Things are all coming together...




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.
Bright Blessings,WiccanMoon )O(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...