Jun 21, 2011

Litha 2011

Happy Litha! Summer Solstice Blessings!
 Today I performed a simple Litha Candle Lighting.

1 yellow candle dressed with 1part lavender essential oil and 2 parts sweet almond carrier oil.
I used the rubbing technique to dress my candle.
I sprinkled 3 parts (3 pieces) of dried Jasmine on the top of the candle.
(not an easy task w/ a chime sized candle).
At my altar with my ankh sitting out I then faced the rising sun. And repeated 9 times:
Lord and Lady of Love and Light
guide me on this day of solstice.

I kept it very simple so I wouldnt mess it up. This new witch sometimes gets nervous to be perfect and messes things up. *giggle*
I'm finding in the books that I'm reading though that pure intent and pureness of heart is all the God & Goddess want. So, I simple relaxed, focused, & visualized and everything turned out just fine.

I am allowing my candle to burn out on its own. I've never done that before. But in just 30 minutes
its a little more than half way burned already. So everything is going smoothly.

Now for explanation of my colors and herbs and oils.
When I say '1 part' I mean that I was just free pouring. I do not have a dropper yet.
So I just dripped the fluids slowly. 'parts' sounds large. But it really was not.
Since these are concentrated oils it only takes drops...

Yellow Candle: Yellow is for the sun & happiness
Since I'm a new witch I try to research everything to make sure I'm using the correct items.
Jasmine & lavender are both for love and calmness.
Jasmine: attributes of love and its effects are swift & obvious
Lavender: also attributes of love, cleansing, protection, shielding from negative vibrations.

I'm a huge fan of lavender. But not french lavender.
Music: Paint The Sky With Stars by Enya
I always have magickal music playing when I'm working at my altar.
I will do a more involved ritual tonight.
 

Now, I better get off here and start on my Litha foods.
Soft Mead, Rhubarb Pie, Summer Solstice Bread, Enchiladas, Fresh Strawberries and corn on the cob

I took a couple shots of my altar this morning to share also.
The picture that sits atop my little witches' cupboard
is a gift from my daughter and grandkids on my birthday.
It is Selene the Goddess of the Moon



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Website templatesFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates