Sep 24, 2011

1st Candle Crafting!












Took a shot at some candle crafting tonight. Wasn't sure how much wax would go and how far. If that makes any sense. *lol* So I started with 3 cups. Which to me seemed like a lot. But it wasn't sugar. So it didn't go very far. Just 3 votives and 1 wineglass. (soy wax flakes).

But I did achieve the color I was wanting. And I would like my glitter more spread out the next time. And I do like the scent that I used also. Most of this was just winging it. My thermometer didn't work. So I was really really winging it in that area!

Temp to add my scent & color is 160 F & pour temp is 150F. I was thinking it would cool really
fast so I was trying to hurry hurry hurry. I feel like I could have waited just a smidgen longer
to pour though.
So, here are some pics of my very 1st hand poured candle crafting experience.


soy wax flakes


  
      

 
                                                                                                           

5 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Website templatesFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates