Dec 28, 2012
Recycle Reuse Renew Mother Earth Projects: how to make a Calming Jar: You will need: Mason Jar Craft glitter - 3 pouches (roughly 1/2 tbsp each) Glitter Glue – 1.8 fl oz. Hot Water Directions 1.Boil ...
What a great idea! Looks fun, easy, inexpensive & happy!!!
Dec 25, 2012
Chalice with water to represent the element of water.
One of my faery figurines to represent the fae and the element of air.
my working candle is always at the Spirit area (top of the pentagram), my offering to the Lord and Lady (orange/clove pomander), my main altar decoration to Yule is the center area with pinecones, stones (citrine, tigers eye), herbs scattered about-sweet cinnamon stick, 2 laurel bay leaves, dried rosemary, dried juniper berries, myrrh, frankincense. My circle of pinecones is closed with a little Goddess medalion, and my bell.
Right (God Area):
Sun God candle, bowl of salt & my california white sage stick that I used to 'clear my space of all negativity for my magickal work to take place'.
Cauldron with red rock that I normally use to burn charcoal with loose natural incense. But I am out of charcoal discs for incense. So I used it to burn a red candle symbolizing the Sun (called for by Scott Cunningham's Yule Ritual in Wicca for the Solitary Practicioner).
The candle was orange in color, so I used it to represent the Sun/Sun God, return of the Sun! In the Egyptian pantheon the Sun God is Ra.
My herbs that I had gathered on my altar during my ritual, I later used my mortar & pestle to pulverize those herbs. Making them into a loose natural incense & sprinkled them all over my Sun candle and continued with my ritual. Excellent wonderful aroma!!!
(juniper berries, rosemary, myrrh, frankencense, sweet cinnamon stick, bay leaf, cloves)
The orange (orange/clove pomander) in the back left is my gift offered to my God & Goddess Osiris & Isis; that I made on the eve of Winter Solstice.
Now take the rituals that we perform. They have nothing to do with putting evil onto someone. That is laughable to me now. The sabbat (holiday) rituals have to do with giving thanks to the earth and universe for gifts recieved.
Curious what the use of herbs and oils are all about?
- Juniper Berry Properties - purifies the aura, clarifies thought, and protects from negativity
- Bay Leaf Properties- is a sun herb. Yule is a celebration of the Sun returning. December 21st (Winter Solstice) is the longest day of the year. After that night every day the Sun stays up a little bit longer, gaining in strength until it is at its most powerful. (summer) http://www.alchemy-works.com/herb_bay.html
- Cinnamon Stick Properties- also linked to the Sun. It is a fire herb. Associations include protection, abundance, love, hearth, home.
- Clove Properties - Associated with the Sun, warmth, prosperity, protection. Encourages action, and its scent encourages confidence.
- Rosemary Properties - protection, love, clearing, purifying, Place under pillow to repel nightmares, inhale as an oil to improve memory. Use at both funerals and weddings because of its is benevolent associations. Associated with the planet Mercury.
- Pinecone Properties - Male, associated with the planet Mars. Elements: air & fire. Prosperity, birth, fertility.
- Frankincense (resin) Properties - Associated with fire and the Sun. Good for centering yourself for meditation, chakra cleansing (the third eye), purification of negative energy. Relaxing
- Myrrh Properties - purification, martial protection, healing of heart, spirit, or body.
- Citrine Stone - citrine is a grounding stone. yellow in color. Relieves anxiety, depression, promotes positive energy. Yellow is symbolic to creativity, the element of air, intelligence. Boosts self esteem. Aids digestive problems.
- Tiger's Eye - Associated with Ra the Sun God of the Egyptian pantheon. Encourages bravery.Elements: Earth, Fire. Grounding, helps energy flow freely through the body. Prosperity, reduces cravings & addictive behaviors.
Dec 23, 2012
I've been looking online here there and everywhere at glitter high heels, cocktail dresses, gowns, earrings... Trying to find free & the best inexpensive deals for all my things I will need for convention. And figure out how to fit it all into 1 small carry on suitcase. I guess my husband thinks I'll be wearing shorts or something... It's all so extremely exciting! My very 1st convention.
Passion Parties Annual Convention is held in Las Vegas, Nevada every year. This year's theme for convention is 'Bringing Passion to Life'.
My sister Jenny & I will be there together this year. I've heard her talk about it over the years & can not wait to experience it myself. She is an executive director in the company and runs an amazing business. She has been a consultant for 7 years. And this past year was her most amazing year to date.
Here are some pics of things I'm considering online.
Passion Parties signature colors are purple and hot pink. I want to attend convention in clothing that I'm comfortable in. I want to be able to be myself, in the styles that appeal to me. I've met a few pagans in this company in the past year. The fact that there are so many like-minded people in this company makes it all the more exciting and comfortable for me.
Dec 22, 2012
I made orange & clove pomanders w/ my daughter & grandkids Evey & Dante on December 20th this year. fun & rekaxing!
Tags: winter solstice
Dec 20, 2012
Merry Winter Solstice to one & all!
I guess I am just especially surprised that at this time of year the real lack of caring for others...
What are your thoughts? Are you too experiencing any of the same feelings? Have you seen a lack of caring lately in your community?
Now, off to read in my books to find a Winter Solstice Ritual ;) I'm sure Ann Moura or Scott Cunningham have something that I will like.
Blessed Be xo Yule & Winter Solstice Blessings
*Graphics by K4U*
Dec 14, 2012
Yule or by whatever name you call it - Christmas, Christmastime, Yule, ... It all has much the same meaning and symbolism. The Gift of Giving and Sharing. New Beginnings. Thankfulness. Love. Being thoughtful of others. Sharing our blessings...
I have been trying to learn more about the old traditions. I think of Yule / Christmas a time of being together with family. That handmade gifts are the best. The less is more, because its not about how much material things you have. It's about the time you spend with ones you love. And oh! Those homemade feasts! Cinnamon pull apart bread, real and creamy coffee cake made with real cream! Ham, dinner rolls, homemade chicken and noodles! oh my!!
I do not have much to give this year. Because of my financial status in work. (compared to years past) - which doesn't make me feel very good. So I am making my gifts this year. I just learned about making orange and clove pomanders last night. I had no idea that they take weeks to be ready. I still may take a bash at making them. I think it would make a really fun family project to do before Christmas. I think my grandkids would enjoy it too. Just thinking of the scents of fresh oranges, and clove, and cinnamon oh my! love those scents so much! In ancient times people made these as air fresheners.